Who We Are and How to Contact Us
Throughout this document, “we”, “us”, “our” and “ours” refer to the MCD Home & Garden and MCD Garden Sheds Group.
“MCD Group” means:
- MCD Home & Garden (UK) Ltd having its registered office Unit 12, Carlton Industrial Estate, Albion Road, Barnsley, S71 3HW and all members of its group.
- Email us at: Marketing@mcdgroup.ie
- Call us at: 01226 215 090
- Or write to us at: Unit 12 Albion Road, Carlton Industrial Estate, Barnsley, S71 3HW, United Kingdom
What Information Do We Collect?
MCD Group collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (name, email address, phone number etc)
- Technical data (internet protocol (IP) address, login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, website usage, transactions)
- Marketing and Communications data
How Do We Collect Your Data?
Our websites are powered by wordpress, and hosted on A2hosting our third party web services provider.
You directly prove MCD Group with most of the data we collect. We collect and process data when you:
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email
Our website also uses Google Analytics to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns, which are stored against unique IDs (i.e. strings of numbers). We collect this information for the legitimate business purpose of monitoring website traffic and engagement levels, which in turn enables us to make improvements to our website and the way we sell our products and services. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. It is kept indefinitely.
How Will We Use Your Data?
MCD Group collects your data for the following purposes:
- Process your order and manage your account or process and provide you with a quotation for any product or service we offer
- Contact you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like
- Performance of a contract with the customer
- Comply with existing legal obligations
- Fulfil our legitimate interests and the interests of the customer
- Fraud prevention and detection
MCD Group would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like. We do not share your personal data with third party marketing companies.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have purchased goods or services from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
Where you have not purchased goods or services from us, we will only send you marketing material where you have consented. You can withdraw this consent at any time.
You have the right to stop MCD Group from contacting you for marketing purposes at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
Change of Purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.