Who We Are and How to Contact Us
Throughout this document, “we”, “us”, “our” and “ours” refer to the MCD Home & Garden and MCD Garden Sheds Group.
“MCD Group” means:
- MCD Home & Garden Limited incorporated in the United Kingdom with limited liability having its registered office Unit 12, Carlton Industrial Estate, Albion Road, Barnsley, S71 3HW and all members of its group.
- MCD Garden sheds Limited incorporated in the United Kingdom with limited liability having its registered office Unit 12, Carlton Industrial Estate, Albion Road, Barnsley, S71 3HW and all members of its group.
- Email us at: Marketing@mcdgroup.ie
- Call us at: 01226 215 090
- Or write to us at: MCD Garden Sheds, Unit 12, Carlton Industrial Estate, Albion Road, Barnsley, S71 3HW.
What Data Do We Collect?
MCD Group collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (name, email address, phone number etc)
- Technical data (internet protocol (IP) address, login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, website usage, transactions)
- Marketing and Communications data
How Do We Collect Your Data?
Our websites are powered by Prestashop and /or wordpress, and hosted on Krystal our third party web services provider.
You directly prove MCD Group with most of the data we collect. We collect and process data when you:
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email
Our website also uses Google Analytics to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns, which are stored against unique IDs (i.e. strings of numbers). We collect this information for the legitimate business purpose of monitoring website traffic and engagement levels, which in turn enables us to make improvements to our website and the way we sell our products and services. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. It is kept indefinitely.
How Will We Use Your Data?
MCD Group collects your data for the following purposes:
- Process your order and manage your account or process and provide you with a quotation for any product or service we offer
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like
- Performance of a contract with the customer
- Comply with existing legal obligations
- Fulfil our legitimate interests and the interests of the customer
You have the right to withdraw consent to data processing at any time and also have the right to erasure as per GDPR standards.
MCD Group would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like. We do not share your personal data with third party marketing companies.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have purchased goods or services from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
Where you have not purchased goods or services from us, we will only send you marketing material where you have consented. You can withdraw this consent at any time.
You have the right to stop MCD Group from contacting you for marketing purposes at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
What Are Your Data Protection Rights?
MCD Group would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request MCD Group for copies of your personal data free of charge.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that MCD Group correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request MCD Group to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that MCD Group erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that MCD Group restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to MCD Group’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that MCD Group transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- Email us at: Marketing@mcdgroup.ie
- Call us at: 01 841 9976
- Or write to us at: MCD Garden Sheds, West Curragh, Naul, Dublin, K32 YV74
You also have the right to lodge a complaint to the office of the Data Protection Commission. Please visit www.dataprotection.ie for more information.
Change of Purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Disclosure of your Information
- Third Party Service Providers: We may share your personal information with third party service providers that perform services and functions on our behalf such as our finance (PayPal, Visa, Mastercard) marketing (Facebook, Instagram, Google).
- Within our Company Group: We are part of a larger company group, the MCD Group, and for administrative efficiencies your information may be stored within one central IT system.
- New Owner: We may also transfer your personal information to companies that buy our company or our business.
- Finance companies, leasing companies, insurance companies and other third party providers: Where you have asked for a quote to include the cost of financing, leasing or any other third party product, we may pass your personal information to that third party in order to obtain a quotation on your behalf.
- Manufacturer of Your Product & Their Distributor: We may pass your personal information on to the manufacturer of the product and/or their appointed distributor in the United Kingdom for the purposes of warranty, service issues and recalls, ordering process and customer satisfaction surveys. The distributor and/or manufacturer may aggregate your personal data, such as information relating to gender to understand its customer base. The manufacturer may contact you separately regarding their use of your information.
How do we store your data?
All data processed on our website are stored on Krystal web servers in the EEA (Amsterdam).
When you submit information using an online form, our website processes the data collected and stores it for 90 days for the legitimate business purpose of enabling us to access the information and deal with your request (it is then kept for a further 14 days in websites routine back-ups for business continuity purposes).
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.